|Here it goes….
It has been quite the year so far! Without having to go into too much detail — There is so much happening in our world… fast and nonstop. Every day we are being bombarded with bad news, scary news, and it does not seem to be getting any better.
In an effort to help myself feel better (or at least stop feeling so much, so much of the time), I led myself right into a dark hole. Admitting this does not feel good.
But it’s the truth. I haven’t felt as inspired or driven as I usually do in life. There has not been much to feel good about or be motivated by. This encourages the mind to focus even more on the negative and eventually apathy sets in.
In the dark moments, I’ve even struggled to feel inspired and alive.
I will also admit that the dark can be inviting. The dark is not all bad for in the dark we also find a sense of being cocooned and feeling safe. Our shadow parts also are not seen here. But, it is definitely not a place where aliveness and inspiration live.
And since I’m not one to stay in the “dark places” too long, I decided to s-l-o-w…w-a-y down and inquire within, “What the heck is going on here? What is trying to get my attention here? What is is that my soul is trying to get me to learn?”
When I finally let myself be still and quiet and, most of all, be okay with where I was, the answer was crystal clear.
Darn! I had lost my way again. I had gone back to my best coping skill of all…. BUSYNESS! ARGH!
Oh how I see it now! I had been running around like a chicken with her head cut off. Errands, meetings, family, friends, cleaning (every drawer and closet… busy is my frenemy), and even turning things I love to do into obligations. Meeting things with heaviness because there was no time to enjoy…go… go … go.
Can you relate at all? Have you ever been there too?
(I know I am not alone in this).
Having been in this hole before, I knew what I needed to do….
I had to get out of my comfort zone and reengage with what helps me come alive. I had to reengage with pleasure.
Because when we feel pleasure, our brain chemistry changes. The happy receptors get triggered and we react less to fear and anger, and we become open to aliveness and inspiration.
And here is what I did:
1. Be in nature. Go outside, not just looking out a window. Go BE IN nature. Step on the grass or dirt barefooted. Breathe. Feel the breeze on your face. Smell a rose or a gardenia (heaven on earth). Birds chirping. Mother Nature always creates masterpieces for us to enjoy.
2. Shake my bootie. This is a game changer. I will shake and dance at any time of the day with or without music: A shoulder shimmy, a hip circle, twirling my hands, and sometimes just shaking… literally! I even do it in between appointments and sometimes with my clients. It is the easiest and most effective way to get out of my head (where the scary stories exist) and get back into my body where pleasure lives.
3. Eat slowly. Notice what you are eating. What is the texture? What part of the pallet get pleasantly triggered? Food is fuel for your body and your soul. It is sensual and pleasure-filled.
4. Stop and look around. Your beauty is being reflected back to you ALL the time. Try it right now…. Stop for a moment and look around you. What is beautiful around you? What triggers your vision to feel more alive and engaged in your surroundings? The feminine requires beauty. If you don’t look for it, you won’t see it. And don’t look at the dust bunnies and what needs to be cleaned… it will be there later.
5. Find the most pleasurable part of your body right now. It can be sexual, but the truth is that for most women, pleasure is many times not connected to sex or to our sexual organs. Perhaps it’s running your fingers through your hair? May be it’s your running your toes up your leg? Consider tickling the roof of your mouth with your tongue. What feels good? And are you willing to let yourself experience it exactly when you need it?
And it worked! I’m feeling like myself again.
The world has not changed much, but how I relate to it, how I respond to it comes from a more enjoyable place. One that is definitely filled with more aliveness and inspiration.
So how does this all relate to you?
Well… you see #’s 1-5 above? The part about the “pleasure”?
I am CERTAIN that we all need a little of that.
It will fuel you.
It will inspire you.
It will push you beyond your comfort zone. (Yes, we all need that push!)
It is the medicine to what ails your body, heart, mind, and spirit.
So here is my invitation….
I want to invite you to step out from whatever you are doing and join me for an evening of refueling and inspiration.
Pleasure is our birthright and a way that we can heal, expand, and grow as women.
This event will focus on pleasure being medicine – healing and how to use it to more fully align and nourish your body, heart, mind, and spirit connection FOR YOU.
You will walk away with practical ways to support yourself to feel more alive, more sensual in your own skin, and most importantly, learn your own unique pleasure blueprint.
Because of the warm and intimate nature of this event, you’ll enjoy learning and connecting, even if you’re a chronic introvert like me.
Register now and take advantage of the GAL PAL discount.
If you’re curious or have questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call me 818.804.1284, so we can set up a time to talk.
So looking forward to sharing this magical night with you.
With all my love,